Cosying up to where the Wall once stood (there is still a short, pitted stretch running along the south side of nearby Niederkirchnerstrasse), the Martin-Gropius-Bau is named after its architect, uncle of the more famous Walter. Built in 1881, it has been renovated and serves as a venue for an assortment of large-scale art exhibitions and themed shows. Summer 2010 features a Frida Kahlo retrospective, an exhibition about 300 years of science in Berlin, and 'Teotihuacan: The Mystery of the Pyramids'. It's also a venue for the Berlin Biennale.
|Opening hours:||Open 10am-8pm Mon, Wed-Sun|
|Transport:||S1, S2, S26 Anhalter Bahnhof|