Fall Preview Critics’ Picks | Yet more Books releases this fall
Autumn brings new works from Salman Rushdie, Junot Díaz and others.
1. Both Flesh and Not: Essays By David Foster Wallace. Little, Brown and Company, $26.99. Covering TV, Terminator 2 and other topics, these 15 essays by the late author have never been published in book form. Nov 6
2. Joseph Anton: A Memoir By Salman Rushdie. Random House, $30. Rushdie recounts the decade he lived under a fatwa calling for his death, hiding under the alias Joseph Anton. Sept 18
3. This Is How You Lose Her By Junot Díaz. Riverhead, $26.95. The Pulitzer Prize winner uses his trademark blend of wry humor and sentimentality in these stories of love and loss. Sept 11
4. The Open Door: 100 Poems, 100 Years of Poetry Magazine Edited by Don Share and Christian Wiman. University of Chicago Press, $20. In honor of the magazine’s centennial, the eds plucked 100 distinctive poems from the pages of Poetry. Oct 4
5. Grace: A Memoir By Grace Coddington. Random House, $30. The feisty, longtime creative director of Vogue shares personal stories of her life and career in fashion. Nov 20