‘Burden of Proof: The Construction of Visual Evidence’ explores how photography has been used in forensic investigation from its invention in the nineteenth century to the present day. It reveals photography’s role in this science through 11 cases, ranging from domestic murders to the Nuremberg war crimes trials to modern drone attacks. The exhibition (on until Jan 10) also includes the controversial photographic history and analysis of the Shroud of Turin and aerial before-and-after photographs from WWI, as well as poignant portraits of the victims of the USSR’s Great Terror. Time Out Cardholders are invited to enter the ballot for an exclusive curator-led tour on Friday December 4 to find out how photography has been used forensically in the pursuit of justice and truth.
Please note: The 'Burden of Proof' exhibition contains some images that viewers may find disturbing.
To be in with the chance of winning, please enter the ballot below:
You might also like
- Time Out Card competition: Win a pair of tickets to the Red Bull Air Race
- Time Out Card competition: Win a pair of tickets to 'Absent'
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to an Audrey Hepburn exhibition and exclusive film screening
- Time Out Card competition: Exclusive invitation to live music at the Phoenix Artist Club
- Time Out Card competition: Win a VIP night at 'Cabaret des Distractions' at Café de Paris