HOW TO ENTER
This photo competition (the “Competition”) is organised by Time Out Digital Limited (“Time Out”) in association with AB InBev UK Limited (“Beck’s”). We want you to send us a photograph of your night-time London (the “Entry”). Submit your Entry by uploading your image from your computer or smartphone, using the following link: www.timeout.com/london/Beck’s-vier/competition/capture-the-night-to-win between 28 July 2015 and 13 August 2015 for your chance to be selected to win one of three selected courses at the School of Life, your photo appearing on a series of limited edition Oyster Card holders and a one-night stay for two at the Hoxton Hotel.
HOW IT WORKS
After the end of the Competition, top light graffiti artist Michael Bosanko (the “Judge”) will select his favourite Entry from the submissions. His decision is final.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1 The Competition begins at 12:15am on 28 July 2015. The Competition closes at 11.45pm on 13 August 2015.
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and Beck’s, their agents, contractors or their family members.
3. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
4. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
5. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Competition, they grant Time Out and Beck’s each a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This may include displaying the Entry on www.timeout.com/london/Beck’s-vier/competition/capture-the-night-to-win, sharing through social media and publication by both Beck’s and Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material. This will also include printing the winning Entry on to an Oyster Card holder. You agree that we may cut, edit or arrange your Entry where appropriate to appear in print or on-line.
6. The Winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone or email on or before 17 August 2015.
7. There is one prize package to give away. The prize draw will be determined by the Judge whereby his favourite Entry will be selected from all entries. The prize package includes: (i) attendance on one of the following three courses at the School of Life (www.theschooloflife.com/london): “Modern Art – What Is It Good For?”, “Black Rainbow – The Power Of Words” or “How To Be Creative”; (ii) the Entry printed on an Oyster Card holder; and (iii) a one-night stay for two at the Hoxton Hotel (the “Prize Package”).
8. The Entry must be submitted by the original photographer of the Entry who must be the exclusive owner of the Entry submitted by him/her to the Competition.
9. The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
10. It is the responsibility of the entrant to obtain any publication rights and/or release rights before Entries are entered into the Competition. Time Out and Beck’s will not accept any responsibility for the publication of Entries which do not have publication rights and/or release rights cleared by the original photographer. Publication rights and/or release rights may need to be cleared by the photographer if they include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission.
11. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
12. The Prize Package will be provided by Beck’s.
13. One Entry will be chosen by the Judge based on the criteria of the photo quality, the photograph description and ultimately, how well the image portrays the entrant’s unique view of night-time in London (the “Winner”).
14. The Winner will be notified using the contact information they submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winner may be asked to provide identification. If a Winner is not contactable or fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them, they will be disqualified and thereby forfeit their right to the prize; no compensation will be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative Winner.
15. The name of the Winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope stating for which competition you would like Winner’s details to Time Out Digital Limited, 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London or by email to email@example.com by 15 September 2015.
16. The Judge’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and Beck’s reserve the right to substitute the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
19. Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or Beck’s and which prevents Time Out and/or Beck’s from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out and/or Beck’s will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Competition in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
21. Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees and Beck’s.
22. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
23. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The Competition promoter is Time Out Digital Limited of 4th Floor 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8AD London and all references to Time Out shall mean Time Out Digital Limited.
SPECIFIC PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Hoxton Hotel London will provide a standard room for two people between August 13th 2015 and August 13th 2016. On being selected, the Winner may choose which dates (within the timeframe specified) they and one guest would like to stay at the hotel. This is subject to availability.
2. The School of Life will provide two people with a weekend course between August 13th 2015 and August 13th 2016. Only selected courses available as part of the offer. Subject to availability.
3. The Prize Package is provided by Beck’s and Time Out accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with the exception of death or personal injury caused by Time Out’s own negligence) suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize Package.