The jewel in the Picturehouse crown opened in 1992 and has been screening a mix of mainstream releases and independent films from its handy location beside Clapham Common ever since. Like all Picturehouses it’s a super-popular local cinema with a devoted following who come for the snug, anti-multiplex atmosphere and comfy reclining seats. Take your pick from the gut-expanding array of posh snacks and grab a drink at the bar, which has become a destination in itself – and is perfect for a post-film debrief. Plus you can buy a glass of wine to take into the movie.
|Venue name:||Clapham Picturehouse||Contact:|
76 Venn St
|Opening hours:||Sat 11.45am|
|Transport:||Tube: Clapham Common|
|Price:||£2 (Kids Club annual membership £3) non-members £3, accompanying adults £2|
|Do you own this business?|
- AA Milne fans exasperated by recent DVD versions may be calmed by this big-screen reboot of the Winnie the Pooh franchise from Disney. While the animation is similar, the story is more closely based on Milne’s deftly written comedy episodes. And s...Read more
- Decadence is both the subject and the style in ‘Oldboy’ director Park Chan-wook’s elegant, intensely romantic adaptation of Sarah Waters’s spicy bestseller ‘Fingersmith’. Shifting the action from Victorian England to pre-war Korea under Japanese r...Read more
- It may have been a bleak period in human history, but the Second World War was a golden age for British cinema, as filmmakers discovered purpose and commitment in stories of resistance, fortitude and togetherness. 'An Education' director Lone Sche...Read more
- In the wake of the huge commercial success of Alien, almost all attention has perversely focused on the provenance of the script (was it a rip-off of It, the Terror from Beyond Space? Of Van Vogt's fiction? Was former John Carpenter collaborator D...Read more
- Hollywood legend and legendary playboy Warren Beatty has used his fame to direct and produce a clutch of daring movies, all of which would have languished without him. The latest is this long-gestating passion project about the eccentric pioneer a...Read more
- The breakout star of 2014’s 'The Lego Movie' now gets his own action-packed, completely batshit superhero spinoff. The first Lego film was a real surprise: what could have been a lazy cash-in turned out to be sweet, funny and fiendishly original i...Read more
Average User Rating
4.6 / 5
- 5 star:10
- 4 star:7
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Love this place - really friendly staff, good food and drink and always showing niche films not on elsewhere!
Always enjoy watching a film at the Clapham Picturehouse. Love the comfy reclining seats in screen 1, the gourmet popcorn and the option of taking a glass of wine into the cinema!
The most friendly and fun cinema in london. Amazing happy and knoledgable staff who love film and love there cinema.
So as a Northern boy from the sticks, it came as quite a shock when I found out that you can actually take alcohol with you into the film. This makes for a much more enjoyable cinematic experience, even if the prices are a little OTT. Friendly staff and plenty of film showings. Would recommend!