An east London branch (further east than the Hackney Picturehouse) of this cinema family that tends to show the big movies. Plus silver screen and kids club groups, vintage film Sundays and discover Tuesdays for those who want to be wowed by something they've never heard of.
|Venue name:||Stratford Picturehouse||Contact:|
|Do you own this business?|
- Whether or not you give a mouse dropping about 3D (and Disney has done a smashing job on the refit), what a treat it is to see ‘Beauty and the Beast’ again. It was among the studio’s crop of early 1990s hits, but in look and feel harks back to the...Read more
- In the opening frames of this murky megabudget monster mash, the famous Universal logo – a twinkling globe – revolves and dims, revealing the words ‘DARK UNIVERSE’ in glowering block capitals. We’re not messing about, the new emblem screams. This ...Read more
- German writer Hans Fallada’s ‘rediscovered’ 1947 novel was a literary sensation when first translated into English in 2009. Based on a true story it tells of the brave resistance to the Nazis by middle-aged couple Otto and Anna Quangel (played in ...Read more
- Music sounds better when you’re on the road. In ‘Baby Driver’, ‘Shaun of the Dead’ director Edgar Wright takes the car-chase action film – loaded with tyre squeals – and weds it to a cracking jukebox playlist. The result is the most supercharged p...Read more
- Before seeing ‘Wonder Woman’, I got a sinking feeling. It’s been more than a decade since a woman headlining a superhero film saved the world. I had visions of middle-aged male studio execs huddled together in a conference room Googling feminism a...Read more
You may be interested in:
Average User Rating
4.7 / 5
- 5 star:2
- 4 star:1
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Been here a few years ago and had a great experience. Seems like something has changed since then. It was very dirty (food everywhere), chairs were extremely stained (took me 20 mins to find a seat), toilets were awful. However, there was a positive - the manager explained that the seats were last cleaned a month ago and that he would look into and feedback all the issues I complained about. He also issued a refund, as I left half way through the film.
Proof that cinema doesn't have to break the bank. Friendly cinema which does lots to include the community.
Brilliant local cinema, fabulous staff who always make you welcome, good access for disabled, excellent programming. Drink in the comfy bar - or head over to the Theatre Royal Stratford East for a drink and Caribbean food . Easy transport to links - near the bus and rail stations.