Recently saved from threatened closure, Shoreditch's independent cultural centre houses three cinema screens alongside exhibition and performance spaces and a cafe/bar. Run as a charity, it's a vibrant arts hub and any given week could see it hosting an assortment of music gigs, theatre shows, art exhibitions, themed festivals and all manner of workshops.
Families are well catered for with weekly parent and baby cinema screenings of the latest films, a family cinema club with affordable tickets and the fortnightly Wiggly Jigglers active play session for under-twos.
Local residents with a Tower Hamlets Libraries or Ideas Store card get discounted entry to cinema screenings.
|Venue name:||Rich Mix||Contact:|
35-47 Bethnal Green Rd
|Opening hours:||Daily 9am-11pm|
|Transport:||Shoreditch High St Overground|
|Do you own this business?|
- The title of this supremely fresh, witty and thought-provoking new film by Swedish writer-director Ruben Östlund ('Force Majeure') refers mainly to a new exhibit on display at a museum of contemporary art: a neon-bordered bit of brick flooring of ...Read more
- With this impressionistic and often daringly enigmatic thriller taken from a short novel by Jonathan Ames, British fimmaker Lynne Ramsay (‘Ratcatcher’, ‘Morvern Callar’) is back on top form with a vengeance – quite literally, though that emotion i...Read more
- A sweet, deeply personal portrayal of female adolescence that’s more attuned to the bonds between girlfriends than casual flings with boys, writer-director Greta Gerwig’s beautiful 'Lady Bird' flutters with the attractively loose rhythms of yout...Read more
- Navigating through a mad, fast-changing world is something Claire Foy does well; she’s shown us as much on ‘The Crown’. Now she repeats the trick in ‘Unsane’, a scrappy, shot-on-an-iPhone thriller elevated by Foy’s steely exterior. She plays a bus...Read more
- Jaegers (giant robots) and Kaiju (huge primeval creatures with interdimensional containment issues) are again going head to head in ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’, and while director Guillermo del Toro has not returned for this sequel to his 2013 original...Read more
Pick a dateto
You may be interested in:
Average User Rating
4.9 / 5
- 5 star:28
- 4 star:2
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
this is the most diverse and amazing venue that reaches out to many voices in the rich communities around them. always daring and always doing great things. big up the richmix.
Without doubt, one of best places in London. Just look at the scheduling of event there, the welcome vibe, the staff, the sound engineers, the programmer, the variety of spaces. Don't know if anywhere else comes close to be honest
Brings both mainstream & upmarket / indie releases to an eclectic, East End audience. An important mainstay of independent halls, in the ever-changing London cinema landscape.
You can't go to any other venue in London and jump from a grime night, to classical indian dance, drop into a political debate and whirl around visual art celebrating queer diversity and Arab-British identity. Oh and there's a cinema too. Just in case you didn't fancy any of the above.
Rich Mix is a wonderful cultural hub in terms of quality and diversity. The venue itself is also a big asset to its success
So much more than a cinema, Rich Mix is at the heart of the community on the western edge of Bethnal Green. It hosts events such as the recent Philosophy Football 'Days of Hope', a day of activities celebrating the contributions of post-war development to building a new world. They also have an excellent café!
Rich Mix shows great films, has some seriously good live music, and then there's the theatre, the dance, the comedy, spoken word and the exhibitions!
The Rich Mix is a fantastic place, with a diverse, bold and vibrant programme in music, arts, performances and events. It's also great to have free events to enjoy and hang out. I always tell me friends, if I'm not at home, you know where to find me ... at the Rich Mix ... my living room
This venue hosted the Festival of First Nations which reached out to, and gave insights into, cultures throughout the world. It's an inspirational place, an entertainment place, and so much more.
Great place to eat and drink, watch films and watch live performances from artists from all over the world. The Rich Mix also offer great workshops for teens helping them to develop skills and showcase their learning to the public. Every form of entertainment for the whole family under one roof. What more could you want!
Great venue that provides cinema, theatre, concert venue and restaurant all under one roof. I have always enjoyed coming to this venue, and it continues to grow in leaps and bounds in what it does. It's part of film festivals, music festivals, and close to all the on trend places in east London. Love it!!
This Arts Foundation venue is an excellent platform for entrepreneurship, professional development, creative skills/performances and art-inspired activities. The Cinemas and Event areas are spacious and well equipped as well!
This is truly an incredibly unique venue as far as London goes, let alone Shoreditch. It genuinely serves its local community, ensuring that a vibrant array of cultural events are both affordable and relevant to the whole of the local community, not just the more affluent hipster benefactors of the gentrification that inevitably seeps into and commodifies all culturally interesting areas of London.
a fantastic venue - a community hub, a home for emerging artists, and a great place to see excellent work at affordable prices
Truly inspirational venue - culture, politics, music, dancing and an awesome atmosphere - stands out in a sea of gentrified hipsterfied so-cool-you've-never-heard of it nonsense as a place with real soul rather than a [dis]affected attempt at soul. Come along to one of their more politics nights and get your mind blown!
Great place - always something interesting going on in the performance space when I am heading for a film. Bar isn't bad either.
Excellent community venue where you can enjoy first class performance and a delicious Indian lunch or dinner.