Gigs at The Jazz Cafe
- Ten feel-good gigs, one of London’s most loved music venues and unbeatable prices. Can you say no?
- We’ve teamed up with Camden’s very own historic Jazz Cafe to bring you gigs from a range of artists you're going to love.
- See Matana Roberts, Family Atlantica, Joe Bataan and more, all for as little as £3.50 a pop. It's a steal!
We love live music - can you tell? The buzzy crowds, the thump of the bass drum, the chance to hear from hot new talent. We could go on. Instead, we'll just tell you about five top gigs we're really excited about and have managed to secure savings of up to 50% for! Taking place this month and next, and all at one of our very favourite live music venues - the Jazz Cafe - we see little reason not to get involved. Tickets start from just £3.50 so check 'em out!
Wednesday May 17
Matana RobertsMatana Roberts is an internationally renowned composer, band leader, saxophonist, sound experimentalist and mixed-media practitioner. Roberts works in many contexts and mediums, including improvisation, dance, poetry, and theatre.
Thursday May 18
Give Up The Funk
A must for funk fanatics, over the course of two live sets the house band will be reimagining classics from the likes of Diana Ross, Earth, Wind & Fire, Rick James, Smokey Robinson, Luther Vandross and more...
Saturday May 20
Rhythm Passport Presents: Family Atlantica + Vula Viel Trio
London-based Family Atlantica is a band that echo the increasingly sophisticated style of the capital's cultural diversity. They'll be joined by Vula Viel, for a night of Latin and West-African inflected jazz.
Monday May 22
A Celebration of Fela Kuti
With a significance of music that can't be denied, once again The Jazz Cafe welcome Bukky Leo and Black Egypt who will host the night and retell many of the Nigerian multi-instrumentalist’s hits at the Jazz Café.
Tuesday May 23
Hailu MergiaThe keyboard and accordion maestro Hailu Mergia is arguably the greatest of Brian Shimkovitz's A&R discoveries out of Africa, and now he comes to The Jazz Cafe.Wednesday May 24China MosesWith her incisive voice and high voltage personality, China Moses has taken the jazz world by storm in recent years. Tipped as 'one to watch' by the world's best selector Gilles Peterson, this is unmissable.Saturday May 27Kim Jordan plays Gil Scott HeronIn a special live dedication to the jazz poet and music legend Gil Scott-Heron, internationally acclaimed keyboardist, composer and arranger Kim Jordan will present a live rendition of his music at The Jazz Café.Sunday May 28 or Monday May 29Joe BataanWhen you talk about Latin soul music, the name Joe Bataan will inevitably crop up. Here's your chance to see one of his legendary live sets on either the Sunday or Monday night.Sunday July 2Sunday Soul MatineeExpect the very best of Stax and Atlantic soul music, from soul music's golden period as you ease yourself back into reality with a chilled Sunday afternoon and evening at the Jazz Cafe.
Need to know
- This voucher's valid for one ticket to a gig at the Jazz Cafe.
- Please select your preferred option at check out. Please note that your ticket is only valid for the stated performance.
- Doors open at 7pm for all shows, except for Sunday Soul Matinee which opens at 3pm.
- Please print your voucher and present it on arrival.
- Over 18s only.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Time Out Black
Members of Time Out Black save an additional 10% on Time Out Offers
If you are already a member, please ensure you are signed into your account, using the email address registered to your membership and the discount will be automatically applied at check out.
In order for the discount to be applied, you must already hold a valid membership.
* Time Out reserves the right to exclude some offers from this promotion. Please check the terms of each offer prior to purchase.
- Members of Time Out Black save an additional 10% on Time Out Offers