Shanghai Grand Theatre Arts Group residency at Guildhall School
- One incredible school. Two unique productions. Get tickets to either 'The Elegant East' or the UK premiere of 'The Wager'.
- Discover the mesmerising music of ancient China with 'The Elegant East' when three talented musicians pick up traditional instruments that have been used for over 3,000 years.
- With 'The Wager', you can look forward to a brand new western-style contemporary Chinese opera by Wen Deqing, with an orchestra of Guildhall musicians and singers from the Shanghai Opera House.
- You can save up to 66% off tickets exclusively with Time Out.
As part of the Shanghai Grand Theatre Arts Group Residency at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama, you can immerse yourself in the world of Chinese music for up to 66% less.
Get a taste of the traditional tones when three performers use ancient instruments to entertain you with 'The Elegant East' at Milton Court Concert Hall on Monday May 22. The show will include the guqin, a seven-stringed instrument that has been used for over 3000 years, and the bamboo flute, a key Chinese wind instrument.
Alternatively, you can buy tickets to the UK premiere of the opera 'The Wager' which will be at the Silk Street Theatre on May 26 and 27. Based on the novel 'A Gamble on a Snowy Night', it tells of a squire who is enjoying a meal with his family on New Year's Eve before a beggar in rags appears and piques the squire's interest.
Need to know
- This is for one ticket for either 'The Elegant East' or 'The Wager'.
- Please select your preferred option at check out.
- Tickets are allocated by the box office, not Time Out.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction will be seated together.
- Please print your voucher and present it on arrival.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.