'Nell Gwynn' at Shakespeare's Globe
- See the true story of young Nell Gwynn, a lowly orange-seller in the burgeoning West End in 1660, who catches the eye of none other than King Charles II.
- As the King was a lover of all things loud and sexy, this play does all it can to show the lewd and wild times when The Merry Monarch ran things in the capital.
- Head to Shakespeare’s Globe and experience The Restoration as close as you can, with seats for as little as £15, or you can stand in the yard for just a fiver.
When Charles II came back from his enforced exile at the hand of the puritanical Oliver Cromwell, he didn’t like what he found. No one was having any fun. Charles changed all that. He re-opened all the theatres which meant that comedy plays appeared in bounds, women were allowed to appear as pro actors for the first, and Charles himself did a hell of a lot of drinking, dancing and engaged in all manner of debauchery.
Dive back into the English Restoration with 'Nell Gwynn' at Shakespeare's Globe where you’ll see Jessica Swale’s triumphant, critically-acclaimed play that tells the incredible story of Nell – an orange-seller (although that’s not all she sold) who rises to high society when Charles takes her as his mistress, and experience a taste of what theatre in the 1600s was like.
Choose your side of the class divide and either get a seat in the gallery like a right royal fancypants for as little as £15, or get into the action and take a standing ticket in the yard for only £5.
Packed with plenty of sexual innuendoes, heaps of live music, merry dances and a charming as hell cast, this bawdy romp is sure to put a smile on your face.
Need to know
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to ’Nell Gwynn’ at Shakespeare's Globe on your selected date.
- Please select your preferred option at check out. Please note that your ticket is only valid for the stated performance.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction and under the same name will be sat together.
- Runtime: 2 hours 30 minutes, approx.
- Tickets are allocated by the box office and not Time Out.
- Please present your printed voucher upon arrival.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.