National Gallery Dining Experiences in association with Leffe
- Art, food and beer. Three of the biggest joys in everyday life. Combine the three at exclusive Time Out events: National Gallery Dining Experiences in association with Leffe.
- On Wednesday May 24, you can 'taste the painting' as you peruse the incredible works of art on the walls and nibble delicious bites inspired by the images on the wall.
- On Friday June 2 and August 4, pick a picnic spot and enjoy watching the world go by with Leffe as you feast on the Gallery's Portico balcony overlooking Trafalgar Square.
Ever wanted to feel like you're inside a painting and taste the fare that's on the canvas? Make that dream a reality at the National Gallery where you can experience the art of food for just £40. For one night only, you can explore the stunning surrounds of three of the main galleries and enjoy small bites inspired by the art on the walls. Wander through different cuisines as you hear from experts who will discuss the relationship between art, food and drink, all while you enjoy the unique access to the Gallery after hours.
With a menu designed by Oliver Peyton specifically for the event, it's going to be a tantalising evening for your tongue and mind. Peyton will even be on hand to discuss his dishes with you. To compliment your menu, Jonny Tyson, Certified Beer Cicerone will be there to tell you about the fine art of food and beer matching, including sampling a new Leffe variant.
Much more fond of sitting while eating? Then pack a picnic and join us on June 2 and August 4 where we will be taking over the gorgeous Portico of the National Gallery. Not only will you be able to enjoy your homemade treats, beer experts will be on hand to pair your picnic with refreshing beer samples from Leffe.
Need to know
- This ticket is valid for a National Gallery Dining Experience in association with Leffe.
- Feast Your Eyes: A National Gallery Dining Experience: doors open at 6.30pm, event starts at 7.10pm and finishes at 10pm.
- Picnics on the Portico: A National Gallery Dining Experience: doors open from 6.00pm and event finishes at 9pm.
- Please select your preferred event and date at check out. Ticket valid only on selected option.
- Over 18s only.
- Please bring your e-ticket with you.
- Transaction is powered by YPlan.
- Please note that customers will not be able to bring their own alcohol in their picnics for Picnics on the Portico. There will be a bar where alcoholic drink will be available for purchase.
- Image one credit: Luis Meléndez (1716 – 1780), Still Life with Oranges and Walnuts, 1772, oil on canvas, acquired 1986.
- Images of Gallery credited to The National Gallery, London.
- Time Out Black members will not receive a 10% discount on this event.
- 20% discount for National Gallery Members only – please visit www.nationalgallery.org.uk/membership to obtain discount code.
- Cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and which may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.