- While London is not short of places to enjoy good Indian fodder, we’re always on the look-out for something that stands out from the crowd. That's why we're dribbling over this brunch at this Calcutta-inspired pop-up turned permanent restaurant in Fitzrovia.
- Visit Calcutta Street on any Saturday or Sunday until June and be amongst the very first to sample their brand new brunch menu for just £18.50.
- Paying homage to Bengali culinary traditions, it's decorated using carvings and trinkets from Calcutta itself, and the taste-bud tingling, authentic food has all the warmth and vibrancy of an Indian summer evening.
- Rated four stars by the Time Out editors, we're pretty sure you don't need much persuasion to head down. But if you're still on the fence, we'll throw in bottomless bubbles for 90-minutes (slightly less authentic, but we aren’t complaining) which will be included in the price.
We don't know if you've noticed but the local curry house is a thing of the past giving way to a new wave of Indian restaurants cooking up a storm all over our fine city, and Calcutta Street is one of them. With a similar vibe to some of our go-to Indian haunts - Dishoom, Kricket and Gunpowder - this newbie on the scene serves up mouth-watering dishes that are much more traditional - and arguably more delicious – than those old school, bog-standard curry houses.
Head to this charming Fitzrovia eatery on any Saturday or Sunday in the next three months and you can be the very first to experience their brand-new brunch menu. You’ll start your culinary journey with their one of their signature dishes, Jhalmuri, a firm street food favourite in Calcutta. Then, pick a fragrant and hearty brunch dish of your choice to follow as you sit back and enjoy the Calcutta-inspired soundtrack whilst the chirpy staff members keep the bottomless bubbles flowing.
Jhalmuri - puffed rice tossed with cucumber, tomato, coriander, bombay mix and mustard oil
Mughlai Paratha - straight from the streets of Calcutta - crispy fried bread enhanced by a stuffing of minced lamb and egg
Egg Chicken Roll - calcutta style kati roll with juicy chicken kebabs
Peter Cat Chello Kebab - English breakfast, Calcutta style. Comes with rice and butter
Kosha Mangsho – Luchi - hearty bengali lamb kari with potatoes served with puffy fried bread
Need to know
- This voucher is valid for brunch with bottomless fizz at Calcutta Street.
- Please print your voucher and present it upon arrival.
- Valid until June 10 2017.
- Must be over 18 to be served alcohol. ID may be required.
- Non-alcoholic option available.
- To book contact venue directly on 02076362744 with your voucher and security codes.
- Discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to the bill.
- People need to print out the vouchers when they come to have the brunch.
- You need to book a table with the restaurant before coming, they can't guarantee tables for walk-in customers with vouchers.
- Available Saturday and Sunday 11am-4pm.
- Bottomless fizz lasts 90 minutes.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.