Romulo Café in Kensington
- Head out to West London and get a taste of the East, when you get an incredible three-course meal at Filipino restaurant Romulo Café, which Time Out awarded four stars.
- It’s not just the food that’s spot on though; set in a Georgian townhouse, Romulo brings all the vibrancy of Manila to Kensington with the atmosphere of a welcoming Filipino home.
- At only £19.50, you’ll be treated to three courses of this beautiful yet underrepresented cuisine, a side dish and a glass of champagne or a signature cocktail. Now that’s an offer you can’t say no to.
Having set up Romulo in Manila in 2009 to celebrate the legacy of her grandfather, Sandie Romulo Squillantini and her husband Enzo Squillantini brought their taste of the Philippines to London in 2016, and have been serving up the best Filipino food in the capital ever since.
A burgeoning food trend, Filipino food is a tantalising concoction of Spanish, American, Malay and Chinese cuisine. Lumpia, soups, dumplings, ribs, spicy salsas, tilapia – the menu is mesmerisingly varied and overwhelmingly tempting.
Owned and managed by sister, Rowena Romulo, you’ll find the walls adorned with framed photos of Sandie’s famous grandfather, General Carlos P Romulo, and the restaurant itself is an imagining of how the man may have lived had he resided in London’s famous well-heeled district. The result is a décor that bridges diplomatic dignity, a rich sense of family history and Filipino culture.
You’ll be treated to three courses from their full menu, a side dish and a glass of champagne or a signature cocktail to put the cherry on top of what’s sure to be a charming dining experience, for just £19.50. Come on in and sample the delights of Filipino fare.
Sample Menu :
Starters (choose one) :
- Beef Salpicao
Marinated sirloin beef sautéed with olive oil and garlic
- Pinoy Fried Chicken
Crispy chicken rubbed in a special tamarind sauce served with banana catsup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot and Shrimp Fritters (Ukoy)
Crispy shredded sweet potato, carrots and shrimps served with vinegar sauce
- Fresh Vegetable Lumpia (V)
Fresh lumpia wrapper filled with vegetables, roasted garlic peanuts in a peanut sauce
Mains (choose one) :
- Sandie’s Grilled Bacolod Chicken
Half a grilled chicken marinated in a mixture of lime, pepper, vinegar, annatto
and garlic rub served with aubergine and cilantro sauce
- Tito Greg’s Beef and Oxtail Kare-kare (Vegetarian option available)
Beef and Oxtail stewed in a peanut-based sauce served with steamed vegetables and our artisan flavoured shrimp paste
- Flying Fish
Deep fried tilapia with special sauces: spicy vinegar, shrimp paste and soy sauce with lime
- Lola Felisa’s Crispy All-Vegetable Canton (V)
Crispy canton noodles topped with shiitake mushrooms, babycorn and beanspouts
Puddings (choose one) :
- Banana Turon
Banana fritters served warm with a side of our jackfruit ice cream and toffee sauce
- Mango Float
Layers of graham crackers, and whipped cream topped with fresh mangoes
Crunchy puff pastry filled with ube cream, dusted macapuno balls, coconut meringue and ube puree served
Need to know
- This voucher is valid for three courses, a side and a glass of champagne or cocktail at Romulo Café in Kensington.
- Booking is essential. To book, please email email@example.com or call 020 3141 6390 quoting your voucher and security codes. Subject to availability.
- Voucher is valid until July 21 2017. We recommend booking at least two weeks in advance to ensure availability.
- An optional 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.
- Available Monday-Friday and Sunday 12pm-9pm (last sitting 9pm), and Saturday 12-3pm only.
- Excludes Bank Holidays, Father’s Day, June 18, 2017
- Excludes Time Out Black discount.
- One voucher per person. More may be purchased as gifts.
- Alcohol will only be served to customers over 18 with valid ID.
- Valid for the dishes detailed in the menu only. Dishes are subject to availability.
- Please print your voucher and present it at the restaurant on arrival.
- More drinks are available to purchase. Any additional charges will be payable directly to the venue on the day of your visit.
- Tables are restricted to two-hour sittings.
- Please note this meal is from a set menu which is subject to change.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.