Movie Nights at the Museum
What is it?
A new season of out-of-this-world sci-fi adventures on the big screen at Movie Nights at the Museum.
See your science fiction favourites on the big screen with Movie Nights at the Natural History Musuem. Prepare to be thrilled with heart-warming classics, dystopian adventures, terrifying alien encounters and a journey through the vastness of space. Take a seat in the glorious Hintze Hall under Hope the blue whale, grab a drink or snack at the bar and get cosy for some proper sci-fi action.
What’s on the programme?
'Star Trek' (2009)
Friday March 2 2018
Slick, sexy and with enough lens flares to make you put on a pair of sunglasses, JJ Abrams' reboot not only resuscitated the ailing 'Star Trek' saga but set the bar for all future franchise overhauls. It's a fresh-faced Kirk, Spock, Bones and co who are barely out of Starfleet Academy before they find themselves clashing with Eric Bana's dastardly Romulan Nero.
Starring Chris Pine, Zacahry Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch, directed by J.J. Abrams.
'Star Trek: Into Darkness' (2013)
Friday March 2 2018
As per the title, the follow-up to the 2009 reboot takes the crew of the Enterprise into darker territory, as they race to outsmart the schemes of Benedict Cumberbatch's renegade terrorist and venture into enemy Klingon space. Ol' Cumbo is a revelation here, charismatic, ruthless and menacing. Casting agents: make him the bad guy more often, please!
Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch, directed by J.J. Abrams.
'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' (2016)
Saturday March 3 2018
Wait: a 'Star Wars' film without a single lightsaber or Skywalker in sight? The first of the franchise's new standalone tales could have gone either way; luckily Gareth Edward's tale of a ragtag group of rebels- lead by Felicty Jones' Jyn Erso- hunting for the plans to that pesky Death Star smashed all expectation. This is a 'Star Wars' for our jittery times, fraught with moral grey zones and brooding anti-heroes. Let's just hope that next year's Han Solo movie matches this.
Starring: Felicty Jones and Diego Luna, directed by Gareth Edwards.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' (2015)
Saturday March 3 2018
With baited breath, the world waited to see if the first instalment in the new 'Star Wars' trilogy wasn't another 'Phantom Menace'. Thankfully, it wasn't. JJ. Abrams proves he's still Hollywood's rebooter-in-chief with this delightful old-school romp, which pairs the old gang with a roster of young characters: Jedi-in-the-making Rey (Daisy Ridley), storm-trooper-with-a-conscience Finn (John Boyega) and Sith-lord-with-daddy-issues Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). Oh, and BB-8, the cutest little droid you've ever clapped eyes on.
Starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford and Oscar Isaac, directed by J.J. Abrams.
Need to know
- This ticket is valid for one screening at Movie Nights at the Museum.
- Entry to this event is via the Queens Gate entrance of the Natural History Museum.
- Please select your preferred option at checkout.
- Please note that your ticket is only valid for the stated date and time.
- Please bring your e-ticket with you and present it on arrival.
- Minimum age: 18.
- For Star Trek (2009) and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) doors open at 6.30pm and the film will commence at 7.15pm
For Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) doors open at 8.45pm and the film will commence at 10.15pm
- Guests will be able to browse a number of galleries, including Mammals and Dinosaurs, prior to their screening times. Browsing will end 15 minutes before the film commences.
- Please note that the venue staff have the right to refuse entry.
- Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and which may feature visitors.
- By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
- If you require special access please inform the events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)207 942 5283 before booking.
- There are a limited number of carer tickets available for this event.
- Checkout is powered by YPlan.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with other offers.
- See Time Out's terms and conditions here www.timeout.com/london/shop/terms-and-conditions.