Time Out Live presents Movies on the River with City Cruises
- Time Out invites you to sail up the Thames in the middle of London for an evening of film, food and drink on the river.
- A true original, this will be London's first cinema sailing on the river – and a unique addition to the city's thriving outdoor pop-up cinema scene.
- After cruising down the Thames, once the sun sets, a movie will be projected on a large screen on the boat's open-top deck.
- Films include 'Jaws', 'Notting Hill', 'Romeo + Juliet' and this year's Best Film Oscar nominee 'La La Land'.
Each summer, Londoners love to watch movies in parks, on roofs, in squares – but never before has the city sat down for a movie after a cruise along the River Thames. Now, Time Out is giving you that opportunity with our exclusive cinema boat. Before the sun hits the horizon, Time Out will welcome you on board City Cruises’ sleek vessel City Alpha, which will be well-stocked with drink and snacks to buy on board. After a sunset cruise, we will invite you to take a seat on the upper deck to watch your chosen film. Once the sun goes down, a movie will play on a large, cinema-style screen on the boat's open-top deck.
Get your tickets to this totally unique experience and join some fun-loving people on a summer jaunt you won't forget in a hurry.
Need to know
- Your ticket is valid for one screening and cruise at Movies on the River.
- Over 18s only.
- Please select your preferred ticket on check out and present your e-ticket on arrival. Only valid for your selected film and date.
- Please check your ticket for your departure and return pier.
- For screenings from September 19-23 boarding starts at 8pm and the boat will depart promptly by 8.30pm. On Thursday September 21, boarding will commence at 7.45pm with departure at 8.15pm.
- The boat will not wait for latecomers, so please ensure that you arrive at the Pier in plenty of time. Refunds will not be issued for people who miss the boat!
- Screenings will commence around the time of sunset about an hour after boarding.
- Please be aware that films can finish as late as 11.45pm.
- Seating is unallocated. Please be aware that the route can always change if deemed necessary by the captain, but we plan to head east through Tower Bridge before turning round and sailing upstream through central London, past the Tate Modern and the Southbank and up to the Houses of Parliament, before docking up opposite the London Eye to watch the film with a great view of Big Ben
- Wireless headphones will be provided for the screening.
- Blankets will be available on a first come first served basis.
- Personal food and drink items cannot be bought or consumed on the boat.
- Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on the boat.
- Smoking is not permitted aboard the vessel.
- The event is on the uncovered top deck of the boat and will always go ahead whatever the weather! Please check the weather forecast in advance and wrap up appropriately. Screenings will only be cancelled if the weather conditions present a danger at screening time. By purchasing a ticket, you accept the risk that weather you consider unsatisfactory may affect your cruise and screening, and acknowledge that tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless your screening is cancelled by Time Out and no alternative arrangement can be made.
- Time Out Black discount is not valid on this event.
- Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to the screening deck.
- By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to City Cruises PLC Conditions of Carriage, which can be found here:http://www.citycruises.com/about-city-cruises/terms-and-conditions. Please familiarise yourself with these before attending the event.
- Transaction is powered by YPlan. Cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.