Ready your sketch pads, little artists: Now is the time to bring your favorite characters to life.
Pixar's YouTube channel is the perfect boredom buster for kiddos in need of an activity, starting with free "How To Draw" tutorials from the company's animators and experts. A series five-minute videos provide step-by-step instructions needed for young illustrators to get started.
Here are the characters kids can create:
- Mater from Cars
- Lightning McQueen from Cars
- Woody from Toy Story
- Duke Caboom from Toy Story 4
- Barley Lightfood from Onward
For those youngsters who are looking to dive into a deep creative project, check out how to make an Onward-inspired flipbook. Plus, Pixar offers other ways for fans to pay homage to their favorite family movies, including recipes. If you've been dying to try a slice from Pizza Planet or a sliver of birthday cake from Onward, Cooking with Pixar is another series worth exploring. Be forewarned, Mom and Dad: The kitchen tutorials are adorable, but they do not provide measurements.
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- Tour the real-life locations of Harry Potter's world with Google Earth
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of Deno’s Wonder Wheel with a free coloring book
- New York's kiddie salons share advice on how to cut your child's hair at home
- Best family restaurants in NYC doing delivery