Meet up-and-coming authors as they promote their books in New York
If you can’t get to Neil Gaiman’s reading or would rather hang with an up-and-comer than a best-seller, these picks are for you
Fri Jun 20 2014
A lot of huge literary talents and celebrities will be passing through the city in the next few weeks to promote their new books. While we, too, swoon over Neil Gaiman and are loving The Signature of All Things, we also have a few suggestions for events with the next authors you’ll want to know about.
Much like Gilbert’s works, this debut novel travels across time and space to form an epic story about family, culture and reconciling with the difficult decisions everyone must make, eventually.
While a bit more adult in its content (key words: earthly delights), Dojny’s novel, about a couple trying to reconcile while living in a fictional Southeast Asian country, will appeal to the same whimsical sensibilities that Gaiman’s books so delight.
So what happens after a sex tape is exposed? Not everyone gets a reality show. Beha’s latest explores the consequences after a down-on-his-luck fellow releases a sex tape of his ex-girlfriend turned television star. You don’t get much more Hollywood than that.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC