Get yourself presale passes to Le Fooding’s Rockaway Beach picnic party
July's new three-day food fest has live music and DJs
Fri Jun 13 2014
Photograph: Daniel Krieger
French dining guide and event company Le Fooding will bring a beach feast to the Rockaways from July 11 to 13. Dubbed Fruitstock, the parties will be studded with top chefs and DJs. Bites will include cornmeal crostini sopes from Rockaway Taco and cereal-milk pudding popsicles by Momofuku’s Christina Tosi.
Plus, Ivan Orkin (Ivan Ramen) will dish out chilled lemon shio dashi ramen on Friday (July 11), while Ludo Lefebvre of L.A.'s Trois Mec will have grilled veal and artichokes on Saturday’s menu. Cosme’s Enrique Olvera takes over on Sunday (July 13) with his red chilaquiles and burrata. The New York Brass Band will perform live each day, but check the event schedule to see who's deejaying when (DJs include Cibo Matto and Nancy Whang).
Use this exclusive presale link to order advance tickets for $40. Of that, $4 benefits Graybeards, a charity dedicated to restoring the Rockaways post–Hurricane Sandy. 97-01 Shore Front Pkwy, the Rockaways, Queens (legrandfooding.com). July 11–13 noon–4pm; advance $40.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC