Grab some free cereal treats in midtown courtesy of Momofuku Milk Bar and Kellogg’s
Teaming up with the cereal giant for a pop-up breakfast bar, pastry whiz Christina Tosi is actually giving us a reason to wake up on time
Tue Jun 24 2014
Photograph: Virginia Rollison
Kicking off today through Friday, June 27, Kellogg’s and Christina Tosi, a.k.a. the woman who transformed cereal milk into one of the most coveted desserts in town, are joining forces at the Kellogg’s Recharge Bar. Located at 1701 Broadway (at West 54th Street), the bar’s goal is to educate families on the importance of a grain-and-protein-fueled breakfast, and we can’t think of a better cereal advocate than the talented Ms. Tosi.
To help get the point across, the James Beard Award winner has created six combos like the Tropical Mermaid, Banana Nut, Berry Au Lait and the King. Tosi will work her magic using Kellogg’s cereals (including Frosted Mini-Wheats, Frosted Flakes and Special K) and milk (skim, 2 percent and, of course, Milk Bar cereal milk), plus inventive toppings like ground coffee, fruit and almond butter.
On Tuesday, Tosi and Dr. Travis Stork (of the Emmy-winning The Doctors) will do the opening honors, and other special appearances throughout the week include the Roots on Wednesday and beloved Kellogg’s characters like Tony the Tiger on Friday. Breakfast is served between 7am and 2pm—because some of us like having cereal for lunch—and it’s first-come, first-served, so being an early riser will have its perks. Who knew it was possible to get this excited about All-Bran?
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC