The best NYC parks
NYC is home to some of the finest parks in the country. Here’s how to make the most of New York’s public spaces, from Central Park and the big boys to beyond.
Mon Aug 11 2014
Photograph: Creative Commons/Courtesy of Flickr User Ep_jhu
There are more than 1,700 parks in New York City—an urban jungle, indeed. We’ve picked the choicest spots for everything from skate parks and picnic spots to watching the sun set and lounging on the grass. Whether you are looking for relaxing, secluded spots in NYC or want to catch summer movies in the park, head to one of these great green spaces.
Best NYC parks
Take advantage of warmer temperatures at ten of New York City's best public parks.
We've picked out the perfect places to watch the sun set, grab a drink, fly a kite and much more.
Yes, it is possible to find pockets of quiet amid New York City's madness.
New York’s parks and gardens offer cheap, easy trips to hidden spots of natural beauty.
Inside NYC parks
From grisly deaths to boho revolutions, here’s a timeline of NYC parks’ strange, unsavory pasts.
Check out black-and-whites of New Yorkers past taking the air (and walking the ponies).
Things to do in NYC parks
NYC park guides
You might also likeSee more in Things to Do
- A Walk of Shame perfect storm is about to hit New York this weekend
- Chinese New Year Firecracker Ceremony and Cultural Festival
- 13 slang words every New Yorker should know
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Firecracker Ceremony & Parade
- Pier 40
- New York Festival of Light premieres in NYC for the first time
- Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space
- "Funky Fat Tuesday" Celebration with George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic
- The High Line
- The top ten things not to do in New York
Popular stories in Things To Do
Here are the ten New York experiences you simply can’t miss.
Don’t fret, penny-pincher—each of these fun cheap date ideas will cost you $30 or less.
Tired of swamped tourist traps, huh? Check out these alternative things to do in New York.