Herald Square Urban Outfitters is now open (slide show)
The company's biggest store in the U.S. features a salon and coffeeshop
Mon Jun 9 2014
Here's some weekend shopping news you might've missed, in case you were at Governors Ball all weekend: Urban Outfitters opened its new location in Herald Square.
At 57,000 square feet, this outpost is the company's biggest store yet. And with that all the space, you'll find much more than the usual offerings of music-fest–ready clothing, novelty books and home-decor goods. This location also features a hair salon, an expanded makeup department, an in-store shop from eyewear company Tortoise & Blonde, a large record department with more than 800 vinyl titles curated by Amoeba Records and a coffeeshop powered by Intelligentsia Coffee.
But wait, there's more! You'll also find a booth that prints out your own Instagram photos, a huge department dedicated to workout clothes and a large department-store-worthy shoe section. It's all part of the latest trend in retail, where stores are offering extras that encourage hanging out. Urban Outfitters opened a similar concept, Space Ninety 8, in Brooklyn earlier this year.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC