Midweek relief: Two can’t-miss shopping parties
Indulge in retail therapy and free drinks at a pair of fashion events hosted by Cri de Coeur and Antoinette
Wed May 28 2014
Photographer: Camilla Cerea
If you’re feeling blasé due to those post–three-day-weekend blues, there’s nothing like a little retail therapy to brighten up the week. Tonight, head over to Chelsea for a private shopping party courtesy of ethically produced accessories brand Cri de Coeur. Share a few complimentary cocktails with designers Arden Wohl, Julie Dicterow and Gina Ferraraccio as you browse cruelty-free outfit add-ons.
The spring collection consists of open-toed, heeled boots and lace-up sandals ranging between $100 and $200, but the main attraction is the Arden Wohl x Cri de Coeur collection, a line inspired by the late-19th-century art movement. The event is happening today until 8pm at Showroom Seven (263 Eleventh Ave between 27th and 28th Sts, third floor).
For all you vintage fanatics, Williamsburg boutique Antoinette is throwing a birthday party and you’re invited. In honor of its third year in business, stop by tomorrow (Thursday, May 29) from 7 to 11pm and receive 20 percent off the shop’s entire collection of pieces. Choose from a curated selection of vintage dresses, leather bags, high-waist jeans and shoes ($35–$100). There will be PBRs and music by DJ Rok One, and the first 50 guests will receive a vintage zippo lighter. Hipsters, rejoice.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC