New York shopping alert: Staten Island is getting an outlet mall in 2016
Get your credit cards armed and ready (in advance) for major discounts on high-end fashion on Black Friday '16
Mon Jun 23 2014
There’s always something to do in Staten Island, even though NYC’s least-populated borough often gets overlooked. And now, after the announcement of the Staten Island Outlet Mall—set to open Friday, November 25, 2016—we may witness a complete revitalization for the hood that has undergone so much.
Opening on the day when shoppers go cray and deals run rapid—Black Friday—the 350,000-square-foot retail space will be occupied 125 vendors, conveniently just in time for any eager holiday shoppers searching for the best deals and steals.
Shoppers will definitely find a variety of discounted goods from popular fashion brands but will be subject to mainly high-end fashion powerhouses. Discounted high-end fashion finds? No complaints here! You can expect to find the usual suspects. Rumored stores such as Coach, Michael Kors, Nordstrom Rack, Brooks Brothers and Restoration Hardware will most likely be your go-to stops.
Future tenants and shopping expectancy aside, Empire Outlets is looking to bring in 1,000 construction jobs and 1,200 permanent jobs for the community. This will certainly be a boon for the region, and once the outlet mall and New York Wheel are completed, Staten Island could see up to 6 million tourists per year.
We can guess where you’ll be on Black Friday 2016. Good thing we have new stores opening this summer to keep you occupied in the meantime.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC