Ten best shops
According to our most stylish subjects.
Mon Feb 8 2010
1. Beacon’s Closet for mountains of vintage and a killer shoe selection. (You just have to dig.) 88 North 11th St at Wythe Ave, Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-486-0816, beaconscloset.com) * 220 Fifth Ave at President St, Park Slope, Brooklyn (718-230-1630)
6. Maryam Nassir Zadeh for Vena Cava, Phillip Lim and other hip but pricey designers. 123 Norfolk St between Delancey and Rivington Sts (212-673-6405, maryamnassirzadeh.com)
7. Oak for boys and girls who love black. 28 Bond St between Bowery and Lafayette St (212-677-1293, oaknyc.com) * 208 North 8th St between Driggs Ave and Roebling St, Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-782-3632)
8. Opening Ceremony for cutting-edge everything. 35 Howard St between Broadway and Lafayette St (212-219-2688, openingceremony.us)
9. 10ft Single by Stella Dallas for weird tees, great vintage dresses and beaten-up kicks. 285 North 6th St between Havemeyer St and Meeker Ave, Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-486-9482)
10. Topshop for statement necklaces and shoe porn. 478 Broadway at Broome St (212-966-9555, topshop.com)
BACK TO MAIN PAGE
Most stylish New Yorkers
Our favorite local fashion icons.