City stories: Alessandra Peters, 24, in Bushwick, Brooklyn
A sidewalk interview with a New Yorker: "The models in my sketch class started dancing around naked."
Mon May 19 2014
Photograph: Jorge Quinteros
Where ya headed?
To my studio! I finally had the guts to become an artist when I was 21 and went to Pratt.
Wackiest art-school moment: Go!
One time, the models in my sketch class started going crazy and dancing around naked. One guy put on a blue tutu, then took it back off.
Whoa! Where’s home?
I’m in Bed-Stuy now, but my first apartment was in Hasidic housing over on Myrtle and Bedford. It was so nice—and there were these two separate sinks, which I think they used to keep kosher. But then I couldn’t afford it anymore.
So it wasn't because they realized you didn’t actually need the two sinks?
[Laughs] No, there were actually a lot of gentiles there. Is that the word for it?
Anything you miss about
Yeah, Johnny’s on the corner had the best bacon-and-pepperoni slice!
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC