Free shows (and beers!) at House of Vans in Greenpoint this summer
Ticket alert: R.S.V.P. now for the gratis concert series Vans House Parties, kicking off June 12 with sets from Mac DeMarco, Charles Bradley and more
Wed May 21 2014
Photograph: Bryan Derballa
Another New York City summer is upon us. What better way to kick-start a season filled with performances, booze and alfresco get-downs than with Vans and FYF’s fourth annual free concert series? From June 12 to August 14, Vans House Parties will take place semimonthly at the House of Vans in Greenpoint.
So far, organizers have only released lineups for the first two gigs. The June 12 show features an eccentric combination of performers: punk-folk-blues singer-songwriter Benjamin Booker, 23-year-old crooner and professional goofball Mac DeMarco (notorious for sporting his birthday suit onstage) and soulful R&B song man Charles Bradley.
On the bill for June 19 is L.A.'s electric downbeat-disco duo Poolside; up-and-coming synth artist Jeremy Malvin, a.k.a. Chrome Sparks; and electronica band STRFKR. Stay tuned for the bills for the July and August dates.
Free beer—yes, free beer—will be provided, and all shows are totally gratis (we don't need to remind you to get there early, right?). Doors open at 7pm, and you can R.S.V.P. for the June 12 House Party here.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC