Promotion (Game of Skill)
Terms and Conditions
The Promoter is Print & Digital Publishing Pty Ltd (ABN 50 125 441 812) of 41 Bridge Road Glebe NSW 2037 trading as Time Out Australia (“Time Out”) in association with Virgin Australia and Delta Airlines (“Prize Provider”). The Promotion is governed by the below terms and conditions (“Terms”).
The Promotion is open to all NSW residents over the age of 18, except employees of Time Out and the Prize Provider, its agents, contractors and their family members.
Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to enter and if a winner is discovered to be under the age of 18 (either at the time of entering or winning the draw) they will be automatically disqualified.
The Promotion begins on 1 July 2019 (the “Start Date”). The Promotion closes at 10am 31 July 2019 (the “End Date”) (altogether “the Promotion Period”).
You can enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period by filling out the relevant details and submitting your entry on the form found here (for Sydney entrants) and here (for Melbourne entrants) (“Entry”) for your chance to win the Prize (as set out below) (the “Promotion”).
Only one entry is permitted per person and per household. Multiple entries from the same person or household will not be accepted.
Time Out reserves the right to exclude any Entry from the Promotion at any time if they have a reason to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Terms.
All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by Time Out will be disqualified.
Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Promotion remains with the respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to the Promotion, they grant Time Out a royalty-free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the Entry through social media and publication by Time Out worldwide in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material including marketing and publicity in various forms by the Promoter.
By entering the Promotion, all entrants consent to the collection of their personal information by Time Out for the purposes of administration of this Promotion. Time Out may in the course of administering this Promotion disclose the personal information to third parties as required. Entries may be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants' names and addresses for future promotional, marketing and publicity in various forms by the Promoter, and the entrant consents to such use. Entrants may direct any request to access their personal information to the Promoter. The promoter may share the entry details with the prize provider.
Time Out shall have the right to license all and any rights granted to Time Out to its associated companies and licensees.
PRIZES & WINNING
The Promotion is a game of skill and the winner will be judged by Time Out as the entrant with the most creative answer (“the Winner”).
Only one winner between Melbourne and Sydney will be chosen.
The Promotion will be judged at 10am 31 July 2019 at Time Out Melbourne (“Draw Date”)
Time Out’s selection of the Winner is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
The prize package includes return flights for two, flying from Melbourne or Sydney to the USA on an Experience America fare. (the “Prize”).
The total Prize value is $3,800 AUD
The Prize will be provided by Virgin Australia and Delta Airlines and is subject to their terms and conditions available below in the Special Terms and Conditions Section.
The winners may be required to participate in publicity which may include having his/her photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
The Winner will be notified by Time Out by telephone and/or email within 2 business days of the draw (“Notification Date”).
The Winner will have their details published on the Time Out Site within 2 business days of the Promotion if the Prize is valued over $250.00
The Winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when uploading their Entry. The Winner may be asked to provide identification.
Any Winner who is not contactable within 48 hours or the Draw Date or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of notification will be disqualified and thereby forfeit their right to the Prize. No compensation will be given if disqualified and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
The name(s) of the Winner may be obtained by sending a written request with a stamped addressed envelope to Print & Digital Publishing Pty Ltd (ABN 50 125 441 812) of 41 Bridge Road Glebe NSW 2037 stating which Promotion you would like the winner’s details for, to or by email to email@example.com within 30 days after the Draw Date.
The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be taken as cash.
The Prize can only be sent to addresses in Australia and the Prize is only valid in the location specified.
Time Out reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
Time Out accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion and/or the Prize.
Time Out will in no circumstances accept any liability for any variation in the value of the Prize or be liable or responsible for travel, transport or ancillary costs in relation to the Prize which is the responsibility of the Winner.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances Time Out and the Prize Provider reserve the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
Time Out accepts no responsibility if the Prize Provider refuses to issue the Prize.
If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Time Out and/or the Prize Provider and which prevents Time Out and/or the Prize Provider from complying with these terms and conditions, neither Time Out nor the Prize Provider will be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations. Time Out reserves the right to modify, delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- Time Out’s Permit is valid from 27 November 2018 to 26 November 2019. The first potential Draw Date pursuant to the Permit will be 7 January 2019. You can contact Time Out on phone: 02 8239 5933.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Please refer to the GL4001 ‘Liquor Promotion Guidelines’ and GL4003 ‘Intoxication guidelines’ at
This Promotion and the Terms shall be governed by the laws of Sydney, Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Sydney, Australia.
SPECIAL PRIZE PROVIDER TERMS & CONDITIONS
All prizes need to be accepted and redeemed within one year of the prize date of issue. Prize to be issued on 31 July 2019.
1. To redeem, you will need the reference code, certificate number, redemption code, and booking class specified on the certificate.
2. This voucher is redeemable through SalesSupportSYDGSA@delta.com, using the Delta Reference found on the certificate.
3. Reservations/Ticketing: Reservations must be made and tickets issued prior to departure. Tickets must be issued within 24 hours of making reservations. The number of seats available for this offer is limited
4. All taxes, fees and surcharges are the responsibility of the passenger and will need to be paid by credit card at time of booking.
5. Certificate Validity: Certificate is valid for 12 months and must be redeemed and ticket issued by the date stated above. Extensions will not be granted under any circumstances.
6. Itinerary: Stopovers, open segments and waitlisting are not permitted, in addition, if this certificate is valid for roundtrip travel, circle and double open-jaw trips are not permitted. For certificates that are valid for roundtrip travel, single legal open-jaw itineraries are permitted.
7. Ticket/s can be used to any point within Mainland USA (48 States) in (G) & (W) Class. Excludes Hawaii & Alaska.
8. Full list of cities listed below*
9. Ticket is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
10. Travel is permitted on Delta, Delta Shuttle and certain Delta Connection Carriers subject to availability.
11. Travel is not permitted on any Code Share flights, AA Eagle, Freedom Airlines and Shuttle America
12. Please note that terms & conditions on travel voucher are used worldwide by Delta. Australian Travelers are required to obey by the following travel restrictions:
i. Travel is not permitted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday departures
ii. Flights are subject to availability on class and blackout dates apply (13 April 2019 –
28 April 2019, 06 July 2019 – 21 July 2019, 28 September 2019 – 13 October 2019, 28 November – 29 November 2019, 21 December 2019 – 27 January 2020)
13. Any changes to bookings once ticketed will incur a change fee per passenger, per change and any change is subject to availability.
14. No name changes permitted after ticketing.
15. Delta Air Lines terms and conditions of carriage apply to the ticket.
16. Prize Certificates or tickets may not be sold or offered for re-sale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original recipient or any subsequent bearer. If a prize certificate or ticket is sold or use in of these conditions, it will be cancelled at Delta Air Lines sole discretion.
17. Passengers are responsible for all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against additional cost incurrent in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
18. Tickets cannot be upgraded and are not valid to earn SkyMiles or status credits
19. It is the sole responsibility of the traveler to ensure their entry into the USA, at their own expense, including ensuring all necessary passports are valid for six (6) months from date of travel and visas, travel authorisations including an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) (if applicable), medical advice and recommended vaccinations and immunisations have been obtained prior to travel and, if required, on or by a date nominated by the Promoter. Failure to do so may result in the prize being forfeited. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety of the USA and it is the responsibility of the winners to check the travel advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au and assess the safety of USA prior to travel.
EXPERIENCE AMERICA FARE CONDITIONS
• ADD-ONS: Combinable with AU & US/CA/MX addons for travel to over 230+ Delta destinations.
• PREMIUM ECONOMY UPGRADE: Optional upgrade permitted on the Transpacific Leg SYD/BNE/MEL-LAX or v.v. AUD$850 each way.
• MAXIMUM STAY – 12mths
•STOPOVERS: 4 Free Stopovers in the US, CA, MX - (2 in each direction) plus the point of turnaround
• TRANSFERS: 12 in total permitted – 6 free and 6 at A$100 each. However, 1 free must be in BNE/MEL/SYD in each direction and the other 2 free are permitted in North America, Mexico in each direction.
•SURFACE SECTORS: Permitted. Mileage is counted in the MPM.CHANGE FEE: A$225.
21. Las Vegas
25. Kansas City
28. New Orleans
29. New York
30. Oklahoma City
38. San Diego
40. San Francisco
41. San Juan
42. Salt Lake City
44. St Louis
45. Washington DC