Joaquin 'Joe' Claussell

0 Love It
Save it
Joaquin 'Joe' Claussell

For all the advances in DJing technology, there's still a strong community of disc jockeys who remain stubbornly loyal to vinyl – but when was the last time you heard someone playing reel-to-reel tapes and cassettes in a club? Joaquin 'Joe' Claussell will be doing just that when he plays at Air this weekend, in support of new compilation The Unofficial Edits and Over Dubs of Joaquin Joe Claussell. The New York house veteran – who together with François K. and Danny Krivit comprises the triumvirate behind the Body & Soul parties – has produced over 130 edits since getting a crash course in reel-to-reel tape splicing in the 1980s, running the gamut from disco to krautrock to Afrobeat. His '95% analogue' set (the remaining 5% is grudgingly given over to CDs) will be covering all of those stylistic bases, in a night whose prosaic subtitle says it all: 'Music From Another Time, Some From Now, And From Different Places'.