Exhibits of local Jewish history organised by the Jewish Historical Society occupy the ground floor of this now-landmarked former synagogue—the oldest in Washington. Built in 1876 of red brick, the structure was adopted by the society in 1960; its sanctuary was restored in the 1970s, preserving the original ark, pine benches, and slender columns that support the women’s balcony.
|Venue name:||Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington|
701 3rd Street, NW
at G Street
|Opening hours:||1–4pm Mon, Tue, Thur or by appointment; for admission, call or ring bell at office, 701 4th Street, Suite 200|
|Transport:||Judiciary Square Metro|
|Price:||Suggested donation $5|