Between the Sponza Palace and the Ploče Gate, this monastery is best known for its late Gothic cloisters and late 15th-century paintings of the Dubrovnik School in the museum – in particular masterpieces by Nikola Božidarević, including his Our Lady with the Saints. On the walls of the monastery church are a beautiful wooden crucifix by Paolo Veneziano from 1358 and a painting by renowned fin-de-siècle artist Vlaho Bukovac from Cavtat, The Miracle of St Dominic.
|Venue name:||Dominican Monastery||Contact:|
Sv Dominika 4
|Opening hours:||Winter 9am-5pm daily; summer 9am-6pm daily.|
|Transport:||All buses to Old Town|