The church and former monastery of San Vittore al Corpo grew up around the mausoleum of Emperor Valentinian II, who died in 392; parts of this ancient structure are now beneath the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci. The complex was taken over in 1010 by Benedictine monks, who got down to some serious rebuilding. It was given another overhaul in 1560, when it became one of Milan's most sumptuously decorated churches. Works by many local names of the late 16th and 17th centuries - Girolamo Quadrio, Camillo Procaccini, Giovanni Ambrogio Figino, Daniele Crespi - are still here. There are also choir stalls with wood-inlay intarsia work from the 1580s.