Bruno Mars: Life of Pie
The pint-size pop star lets his soul glow on his latest disc.
Tue Jun 25 2013
Bruno Mars’s album Unorthodox Jukebox is actually fairly orthodox, in that it draws on mainstream, poptastic sources. But the way those influences are spliced? Yowza! Here is our chart of the ingredients—musical and otherwise—that make up Mars’s unorthodox pie. The pop star hits town with his Moonshine Jungle tour this week, playing Barclays Center Saturday, June 29, and Prudential Center Monday, July 1.
Photo-illustration: Bryan Mayes
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes