Four affordable rental retreats
Bring a crowd to share the costs (and the cooking) at these relaxing vacation spots.
Tue May 10 2011
Guest house in the Hudson Valley
Within an hour's drive of the city is the historic town of New Windsor—and this eight-person hideaway. After you claim one of the three bedrooms, it's decision time: Equestrians can get back in the saddle at nearby Schunnemunk Shadow Stables (which also offers lessons), bargain-hounds will be drawn to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, and history buffs will want to check out the local Revolutionary War sites. There's also a homey bonus: The owners, who'll meet you on arrival and departure, stock the fridge with farm-fresh eggs, bread, juice and coffee. (airbnb.com/rooms/65712?af=86284&c=all15). Starts at $350 per night.
Events calendar for New York City
- Weekend getaways from NYC: Quick, easy and affordable escapes
- Infograph: The NYC subway versus subways around the world
- Day trips from NYC to beaches, parks, wineries and more
- NYC subway station secrets, hidden stops and abandoned places
- Weekend trips from NYC to beach towns, mountain resorts and more
- Buses to Atlantic City from NYC and other transport options
- 40 things to do in Atlantic City, NJ, this summer
- Make your NYC subway commute easier with these tricks
- Atlantic City, NJ: The ultimate guide to the Boardwalk and beyond
- Best budget hotels and hostels in New York City