If you want to be a part of this talented, dynamic, exciting and successful team, send us your CV today!
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email, submitting a detailed resume together with current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with the existing Time Out digital and print teams. You should have extensive skills in both editing a website and managing social media platforms.
Main duties and responsibilities
- You will be expected to appreciate and execute the ‘house style’ of Time Out, for which training will be provided.
- Editing the website daily; publishing listings, news, features and multimedia.
- Generating web-only content, finding compelling ways to ensure timeoutpenang.com is the destination website for entertainment, listings and events in Penang.
- Responsible for the online publication of Time Out Penang’s guide and any associated print products.
- Executing social media platform updates; helping to grow audience and reach using the Time Out ‘voice’.
- You will manage an Editorial Assistant, who will assist in the performance of your overall duties.
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate contests, sales, events and marketing opportunities.
- Generating ideas and monitoring a range of media sources to develop and extend Time Out Penang’s coverage in innovative ways online.
- Acting as the brand ambassador, as required, at public events.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, any field.
- Excellent command of the English language with good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to deliver high quality work on time and work under pressure.
- You should be well organised, a good multi-tasker and tenacious in character.
- Interest in and knowledge of the local entertainment scene is highly advantageous, so is knowledge and/or experience in digital media.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a related field is required for this position.