The forum of Roman Mediolanum occupied the area between piazza San Sepolcro and piazza Pio XI. It was here that a church dedicated to the Holy Trinity was built in 1030, only to be rebuilt in 1100 and rededicated to the Holy Sepulchre. The church underwent the usual Counter-Reformation treatment in the early 1600s, and an 18th-century façade was replaced by a neo-Romanesque one in 1894-97. The crypt, which runs the whole length of the church, is all that remains of the original Romanesque structure. A forest of slim columns divides its five aisles, and by the apse is a 14th-century sarcophagus with reliefs of the Resurrection.