Bruno Mars: Life of Pie
The pint-size pop star lets his soul glow on his latest disc.
Tue Jun 25 2013
Bruno Mars’s album Unorthodox Jukebox is actually fairly orthodox, in that it draws on mainstream, poptastic sources. But the way those influences are spliced? Yowza! Here is our chart of the ingredients—musical and otherwise—that make up Mars’s unorthodox pie. The pop star hits town with his Moonshine Jungle tour this week, playing Barclays Center Saturday, June 29, and Prudential Center Monday, July 1.
Photo-illustration: Bryan Mayes
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- The 50 best breakup songs
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- Laurie Anderson interview: "It’s been a wonderful, kind of hallucinatory year"
- The 50 best summer songs ever made
- The 50 best road trip songs of all time
- The best NYC concerts and music festivals in August
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs
- The best NYC concerts and music festivals in September