Pride Parade and more major gay events for Pride Month 2013
The 2013 Pride Parade—Chicago's 44th annual—caps a busy Pride Month. Here are the major events leading up to the last Sunday in June.
Photograph: Max Herman
The Pride Parade is a Chicago tradition spanning more than four decades, but celebrations of gay pride have long since expanded beyond just the Boystown parade. Even the major events can no longer be confined to a single weekend, with Pride Fest moving up a week this year. Here's a guide to the parade and the other big LGBT occasions of the last week in June.
You might also like
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs
- The real headliners of Lollapalooza 2014
- The 45 sexiest album covers of all time
- The 41 greatest Chicago albums of all time
- What will be the song of summer?
- The 7 worst Lollapalooza 2014 schedule conflicts
- 10 best Lollapalooza acts you might not know
- 10 sets to see at Lollapalooza 2014
- 11 must-see acts at Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
- Iggy Azalea at House of Blues photos
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- The 50 best drinking songs
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made