Terms and conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
Additional terms and conditions for Royal Academy of Arts competition
1. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except for employees of Qantas Airways Limited, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts, Global Hotel Alliance, Royal Academy of Arts and Time Out, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. Closing date for entries is 8 December 2013. Only one entry per person.
3. The winner will be chosen at random by TimeOut. Winner will be notified by telephone or email within two weeks of the closing date.
4. There will be one overall prize for one winner plus guest. The prize consists of; return economy flights from London Heathrow to Sydney on a Qantas operated and marketed flight for two adults (Flights on the Qantas A380 are subject to last minute change of aircraft) including 30kg checked baggage per person, 5 nights’ accommodation at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney in a Club Darling Harbour View suite for two persons with Club access including breakfast in the Lounge and an automatic upgrade to Platinum Membership with GHA Discovery Programme.
5. The maximum total prize value is £4500+ based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
6. The Qantas prize flights and accommodation at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour must be taken in one trip, and both require 14 days advance booking and are subject to availability. The periods travel can be taken in are 20 January 2014 to 8 April 2014, 21 April to 4 December, 19 January 2015 to 26 March and 20 April to 30 June 2015. Travel must be booked and ticketed by 31 May 2014, with travel commenced by 6 December 2014.
7. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage, available at qantas.com. The winner and their companion must travel together on prize flights and will not accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
8. Qantas Airways Limited, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts, Global Hotel Alliance, TimeOut and the Royal Academy of Arts makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at the destination.
9. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion.
10. The winner and their chosen companion must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. Qantas Airways, Royal Academy of Arts, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts, Global Hotel Alliance will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with these requirements.
11. The prize winner and the companion are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity.
12. The prize does NOT include any insurance, travel to and from London Heathrow, or any travel or other expenses during the stay in Sydnehy. Any out of pocket expenses (such as phone, room service, drinks purchases, gifts and food apart from breakfast for two daily at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour) are not included in the prize.
13. The package is non-transferable and no alternative packages will be offered.
14. There is no cash alternative.
15. The competition prize is subject to availability.
16. Qantas Airways, Royal Academy of Arts, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts, TimeOut and Global Hotel Alliance shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by the entrant or a third party.
17. Entrants’ personal information provided to Qantas in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with Qantas’ Privacy Statement, available at qantas.com/privacy.
18. The competition is provided by the Royal Academy of Arts, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD, Tel no. 020 7300 8000.