"The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" by Jennifer O'Connor (VIDEO)
Watch a video of the solo artist covering the Magnetic Fields.
Wed Mar 7 2012
Jennifer O'Connor has a real soft spot for the Magnetic Fields' opus 69 Love Songs. The singer-songwriter moved to NYC in the late '90s, around the time that album dropped, and the song "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" reminds her of her early days in Manhattan, when she was still "learning about what the Lower East Side was."
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
No. 52. The Magnetic Fields, "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" (1999)
Interview with Stephin Merritt of the Magnetic Fields
Buy Jennifer O'Connor's music on iTunes
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes