"Getting by" in even the most basic sense of the phrase is an arduous task in the 21st century, and all of our batteries run low from time to time. After you've taken to your favorite places to chill out on your lazy Sunday off, look to this playlist of the best motivational songs to get your head back in the game. Maybe you need a little in the way of workout songs to return to city's best gyms or maybe you just need to get back to the office. Regardless of your needs, this list has you covered.
The best motivational songs
If you’re looking for some musical inspiration, here are the best motivational songs to jumpstart your day
Listen to the best motivational songs playlist
Best motivational songs
1. “The Heat Is On” by Glenn Frey
Nothing like a blaring saxophone riff to get the adrenaline going.
2. “I’m So Excited” by the Pointer Sisters
A virtual running-man-dance in song form, this disco classic should raise your energy levels for whatever you’re about to take on.
3. “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy
Everyone can use a little bit more Loverboy in their life.
4. “Higher Love” by Steve Winwood
With palpable uplift, let Steve Winwood take you to the next level with the motivational song.
5. “Best I Ever Had” by Drake
We could all use a cheerleader like Drake on the sidelines.
6. “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled
The DJ-Snapchat guru is a motivational figure of titanic proportions; this 2010 single is still his defining statement.
7. “Hustlin’” by Rick Ross
If there’s a better mantra than “Everyday I’m hustlin’” we haven’t heard it.
8. “Welcome Back” by Mase
It’s hard to deny Mase’s sunny disposition on this ode to perseverance.
9. “Encore” by Jay-Z
This Black Album gem features a “post-retirement” Jay ticking off his accomplishments. More than enough motivation for you to get going yourself.
10. “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
It doesn’t get any more inspirational than this rock staple from Rocky III.
11. “Ultralight Beam” by Kanye West
Jumpstart your life with Kanye’s opening prayer.
12. “Feeling Myself” by Nicki Minaj
Nicki and Bey are on top form with this motivational song—follow their lead.
13. “Work It” by Missy Elliot
Put your thing down.
14. “Get Money” by Junior M.A.F.I.A.
Biggie’s currency-centric approach to life is something to emulate.
15. “Work Hard, Play Hard” by Wiz Khalifa
“Work, work, work, work...”
16. “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan
The best motivational song for Friday night, or any other.
17. “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” by Soulja Boy
18. “This Is How We Do” by Big Tymers
For the record, where they’re from is New Orleans. Plan a trip.
19. “Take It to Da House” by Trick Daddy
Trick Daddy’s uptempo banger is essentially a slam-dunk highlight reel set to music.
20. “Work REMIX” by A$AP Ferg
This A$AP mob member calls in a spitfire squad to remix his single "Work": Trinidad James, French Montana, A$AP Rocky and the inimitable Schoolboy Q. If that crew can't get you inspired to "put in work," no one can.
21. “This Is Why I’m Hot” by Mims
For a good chunk of 2007, no one was better at shutting down haters than Mims.
22. “On a Level” by Wiley
“Give me trophies, awards and medals”
23. “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
You’re almost there!
24. “Tubthumping” by Chumbawumba
Get knocked down, get back up again, repeat.
25. “Do That Stuff” by Parliament
Keep the funky stuff coming.
26. “You Got It (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block
Hang tough with the rest of the new kids.
27. “The World Is Yours” by Nas
That title says it all.
28. “On Fire” by Lloyd Banks
You can practically hear that NBA Jam voice, “He’s on fire.”
29. “Walk Thru” by Rich Homie Quan
This motivational song should have you feeling like the man.
30. “Hard in da Paint” by Wacka Flocka Flame
Go hard in the paint.
31. “You Deserve It” by Future
Just like Future’s cousin said—you deserve it.
Looking for a great pop song?