Built in 1873 on plans by Adolf Cluss, Washington’s last remaining public food market has become the heart of the Capitol Hill community; its weekend flea and craft markets are a popular draw. The market building was badly damaged by fire in 2007. It reopened in 2009 after reconstruction work, including restoration of the roof, allowing the previously hidden historic skylight to be reintroduced as a prominent architectural feature of the South Hall.
|Venue name:||Eastern Market||Contact:|
225 7th Street, SE
|Cross street:||between C Street & North Carolina Avenue|
|Opening hours:||Dawn–late afternoon Sat, Sun. Permanent inside stalls 7am–6pm Tue–Sat; 9am–4pm Sat|
|Transport:||Eastern Market Metro|