Santa Maria del Pi is a Catalan Gothic-style church in Plaça del Pi which was declared a National Heritage Site in 1931. Its main façade features a large rosette of 12 branches from the 14th century, destroyed in the fire of 1936 and rebuilt between 1939 and 1943 by architect Josep Maria Jujol; the two octagonal towers that flank it; the enormous bell tower; and the image of the Virgin Mary with Child on the tympanum.
Església de Santa Maria del Pi
|Venue name:||Església de Santa Maria del Pi||Contact:|
Cardenal Casañas, 16
|Transport:||Liceu (M: L3)|