Top 25 oral sex songs
Heatseeking MC Azealia Banks gets low down—literally—and dirty on "212." What better reason to celebrate the art of oral in pop music?
Tue Nov 29 2011
25. "Not Tonight" by Lil' Kim
The mind-blowing sexual braggadocio of Lil' Kim's 1996 debut album, Hard Core, proved that woman rappers could give it as well as the boys—and insisted on getting it as well. "I don't want dick tonight/Eat my pussy right," she ordered in this porno-feminist anthem, adding a straight-up ultimatum: "You ain't lickin' this, you ain't stickin' this."
24. "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne
Weezy F. Baby's never been known to beat around the bush, but here he and the late, great Static Major employ a bit of sublety: When he's getting "licked like a lollipop," the candied treat in question is a metaphor for his penis. It's not exactly John Donne, but hey, not much is.
23. "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams
"One thing people never got was that the song isn't about the year 1969," said raspy Bryan in an online interview, "It's about making love, la 69!" Ah. Lovemaking. Sweet.
22. "Put It in Your Mouth" by Akinyele
Probably not even Akinyele's grandma was surprised when the Queens rapper scored this X-rated hit in 1996, given his debut album in '93 was called Vagina Diner. And it starts so romantically, too... Relistening to it today, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was from a Lonely Island digital short.
21."Drive" by Melissa Ferrick
That smoky voice...that breathy drawl...that understated urgency and confidence: "Drive," not to be mistaken for the Cars or R.E.M. songs of the same name, is far and away the hottest sapphic ode ever to nuzzle up against the edge of mainstream. Lesbian listeners will need no persuasion; for everyone else, this track is the musical equivalent of when Gina Gershon met Meg Tilly. You'll seethe with jealousy even as you ooze in the delirious heat.
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music events
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes