Spencer House

  • Attractions
  • Historic buildings and sites
Critics' choice
0 Love It
© Mark Fiennes/Spencer HouseLtd
Mayfair

London's finest surviving eighteenth-century town house, built in 1756-66 for the first Earl Spencer.

Built in 1756-66 for the first Earl Spencer, this is London's finest surviving eighteenth-century town house. Eight meticulously restored state rooms are open to the public, with paintings by Sir Joshua Reynolds, objets d'art and furniture on display. The house is open to the public on Sundays throughout the year, except in January and August. Guided tours leave at regular intervals between 10.30am and 4.45pm and last around an hour. 

Venue name: Spencer House
Contact:
Address: 27 St James's Place
London
SW1A 1NR
Opening hours: Sun only 10.30am-5.30pm (last tour 4.45pm). Closed Jan and Aug
Transport: Tube: Green Park
LiveReviews|0
2 people listening