An east London branch (further east than the Hackney Picturehouse) of this cinema family that tends to show the big movies. Plus silver screen and kids club groups, vintage film Sundays and discover Tuesdays for those who want to be wowed by something they've never heard of.
|Venue name:||Stratford Picturehouse||Contact:|
|Do you own this business?|
- Has JK Rowling been taking divination lessons at Hogwarts? With spooky clairvoyance, the first movie in her new five-film wizarding franchise opens with two factions in America at each other’s throats. No, not Republicans and Democrats. It’s 1926,...Read more
- New York filmmaker Ira Sachs is so humane he couldn’t write a villain to save his life. That’s even true in his latest film, the story of a family evicting a sweet seamstress on to the street. The Jardines are decent people: Brian (Greg Kinnear) i...Read more
- Provocative onscreen and off, Nate Parker’s slave-rebellion drama pulls off a hijacking before it even begins: that of the title of DW Griffith’s 1915 silent epic movie known for celebrating the Ku Klux Klan and for demonising angry black men as r...Read more
- Clint Eastwood doesn't waste any time: the opening scenes of 'Sully', his stirring tribute to a great day of ultra-coordinated New York City heroism, are so frightening that it’s amazing they're about to play in multiplexes around the world. In th...Read more
- The kingdom in question, of course, is not the one within the British Isles, but Botswana – or Bechuanaland, as it was known in the post-war years when crown prince Seretse Khama (David Oyelowo) came to London to study, and fell unexpectedly in lo...Read more
Average User Rating
4.7 / 5
- 5 star:2
- 4 star:1
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Proof that cinema doesn't have to break the bank. Friendly cinema which does lots to include the community.
Brilliant local cinema, fabulous staff who always make you welcome, good access for disabled, excellent programming. Drink in the comfy bar - or head over to the Theatre Royal Stratford East for a drink and Caribbean food . Easy transport to links - near the bus and rail stations.