Recently saved from threatened closure, Shoreditch's independent cultural centre houses three cinema screens alongside exhibition and performance spaces and a cafe/bar. Run as a charity, it's a vibrant arts hub and any given week could see it hosting an assortment of music gigs, theatre shows, art exhibitions, themed festivals and all manner of workshops.
Families are well catered for with weekly parent and baby cinema screenings of the latest films, a family cinema club with affordable tickets, monthly StoryCraft workshops and the fortnightly Wiggly Jigglers active play session for under-twos.
Local residents with a Tower Hamlets Libraries or Ideas Store card get discounted entry to cinema screenings.
|Venue name:||Rich Mix||Contact:|
35-47 Bethnal Green Rd
|Opening hours:||Daily 9am-11pm|
|Transport:||Shoreditch High St Overground|
|Do you own this business?|
- The big fear about the punky, not-for-kids comic-book movie Suicide Squad was that it might be too try-hard: Hollywood awkwardly slumming it with the alt crowd. But this loony wise-cracking DC Comics story, directed with anti-glossy grit by David ...Read more
- While 'Finding Dory' is crammed with the kind of visual pleasures we’ve come to expect from Pixar, the story doesn’t always reach the heights of invention upon which the animation giant has built its reputation. The film lacks the psychological pr...Read more
- How much difference is there really between Ricky Gervais and his best-known creation? They’re both loudmouths, upstagers, look-at-me-ers. They’re both convinced of their God given talent. And they do look an awful lot alike. In ‘Life on the Road’...Read more
- After the campy in-flight antics of ‘I’m So Excited’ and the creepy shivers of ‘The Skin I Live In’, Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar is back on familiar ground with ‘Julieta’. A sombre, ravishing study of grief, guilt and burden, you could in al...Read more
- Who would make an entire movie about man's best friend? Not, it turns out, misanthropic writer-director Todd Solondz ('Happiness'). Boasting a cast of exquisitely neurotic Dachshunds, 'Wiener-Dog' follows the story of one dog falling into a series...Read more
- Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass prompted widespread surprise with their decision to return to the Bourne series, despite the neat closure of trilogy capper The Bourne Ultimatum. Surely, we assumed, they must have a great reason to come back: some i...Read more
- Filmmaker Todd Phillips graduates from ‘The Hangover’ trilogy with this part comic, part downer real-life story about an unlikely pair of twentysomething guys from Florida who blagged their way to multi-million-dollar arms contracts during the Ira...Read more
- Video games have always borrowed from movies and TV – which makes things tricky when those games are translated back to the screen. Based on the hugely popular PlayStation series, this kids’ animation follows a wisecracking alien rodent (like the ...Read more
Pick a dateto
Traditional southern Italian group playing pizzica, one of the oldest forms of Mediterranean music.Latin and world Thursday September 1 2016Read more
Things to do
Queer culture can feel cliquey sometimes. Duckie Family wants to buck the trend by inviting everybody to the party. Watch a film, drink, discuss, listen, meet new people and dance til 4am at this trans-inclusive LGBTQIA+ event. Free bubbles for the...Late openings Friday September 2 2016 - Saturday September 3 2016Read more
A transinclusive, LGBTQIA+ club, performance, dance, spoken word and film event to which everybody is invited. Curated by Campbell X and Kayza Rose, and produced by Duckie. MCs Mzz Kimberley & Mr Black Branson from 11pm.Hip hop and R&B Friday September 2 2016 - Saturday September 3 2016Read more
Former rock music geek Ryan Lee West supplies earthy electronica built around synths, guitars and acoustic instruments.Dance and electronic Saturday September 3 2016Read more
The global ambassadors of contemporary Rajasthani folk and Sufi music combined with beatboxing, present their unique brand of 21st-century folk with attitude.Latin and world Tuesday September 6 2016Read more
The Brazilian singer-songwriter performs organic indie-pop, expanding on the stylistic impulses of the Tropicalia movement.Rock and indie Thursday September 8 2016Read more
Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra
Dele Sosimi – Fela Kuti's keyboard player in Egypt 80 for seven years – and his ensemble, which plays Afrobeat with a strong jazz influence, Felabrate (geddit?) Kuti's seventy-fifth birthday and the release of 'Red Hot Fela'.Jazz Friday September 16 2016Read more
Moushumi Bhowmik: So I Keep Coming Back To You
The Calcutta-based Indian-Bengali singer-songwriter and music researcher is joined by British composer and multi-instrumentalist, Oliver Weeks, for the launch of her first album in 15 years. With support from Khiyo.Latin and world Saturday September 17 2016Read more
We Are Peering Over Album Launch
The soprano-and-flute duo from London and Colombia invite you to the edge of the music that you know, to peer over into something unpredictable, wild, and new to your ears.Acoustic Thursday September 22 2016Read more
Bangla Music Festival
A showcase of the magnificence of the extremely melodious Bangla music and its different genres through world-class performances presented by Saudha, the Society of Poetry and Indian Music.Latin and world Sunday September 25 2016Read more
Average User Rating
4.9 / 5
- 5 star:14
- 4 star:1
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Rich Mix is a wonderful cultural hub in terms of quality and diversity. The venue itself is also a big asset to its success
So much more than a cinema, Rich Mix is at the heart of the community on the western edge of Bethnal Green. It hosts events such as the recent Philosophy Football 'Days of Hope', a day of activities celebrating the contributions of post-war development to building a new world. They also have an excellent café!
Rich Mix shows great films, has some seriously good live music, and then there's the theatre, the dance, the comedy, spoken word and the exhibitions!
The Rich Mix is a fantastic place, with a diverse, bold and vibrant programme in music, arts, performances and events. It's also great to have free events to enjoy and hang out. I always tell me friends, if I'm not at home, you know where to find me ... at the Rich Mix ... my living room
This venue hosted the Festival of First Nations which reached out to, and gave insights into, cultures throughout the world. It's an inspirational place, an entertainment place, and so much more.
Great place to eat and drink, watch films and watch live performances from artists from all over the world. The Rich Mix also offer great workshops for teens helping them to develop skills and showcase their learning to the public. Every form of entertainment for the whole family under one roof. What more could you want!
Great venue that provides cinema, theatre, concert venue and restaurant all under one roof. I have always enjoyed coming to this venue, and it continues to grow in leaps and bounds in what it does. It's part of film festivals, music festivals, and close to all the on trend places in east London. Love it!!
This Arts Foundation venue is an excellent platform for entrepreneurship, professional development, creative skills/performances and art-inspired activities. The Cinemas and Event areas are spacious and well equipped as well!
This is truly an incredibly unique venue as far as London goes, let alone Shoreditch. It genuinely serves its local community, ensuring that a vibrant array of cultural events are both affordable and relevant to the whole of the local community, not just the more affluent hipster benefactors of the gentrification that inevitably seeps into and commodifies all culturally interesting areas of London.
a fantastic venue - a community hub, a home for emerging artists, and a great place to see excellent work at affordable prices
Truly inspirational venue - culture, politics, music, dancing and an awesome atmosphere - stands out in a sea of gentrified hipsterfied so-cool-you've-never-heard of it nonsense as a place with real soul rather than a [dis]affected attempt at soul. Come along to one of their more politics nights and get your mind blown!
Great place - always something interesting going on in the performance space when I am heading for a film. Bar isn't bad either.
Excellent community venue where you can enjoy first class performance and a delicious Indian lunch or dinner.