The excellent location – in the heart of London’s theatre district – and tucked-away screening room of this Firmdale hotel ensure that it continues to attract starry customers, with anyone needing a bit of privacy able to retreat upstairs to the lovely panelled private library and drawing room.
In the guest-rooms, Kit Kemp’s distinctive style mixes pinstriped wallpaper, pristine white quilts and floral upholstery with bold, contemporary elements; each room is unique, but each has the Kemp trademark upholstered mannequin and granite and oak bathroom. On the ground floor, the 1920s Paris-style Brasserie Max and the retro zinc bar retain their buzz – outdoor tables give a perfect viewpoint on Covent Garden boutique life in summer.
|Venue name:||Covent Garden Hotel||Contact:|
10 Monmouth Street
|Transport:||Tube: Covent Garden or Leicester Square tube|
|Price:||Rates £360-£414 double|
|Do you own this business?|
- A little orphan girl is snatched from her bed late at night by a big-hearted vegetarian giant and whisked off to an unwelcoming land of over-sized cannibals in Roald Dahl's much-cherished 1982 book 'The BFG'. For this movie version, aimed squarely...Read more
- This high-energy, big-budget new spin on the old Tarzan story is fun to watch if you take it as throwaway kitsch. It imagines Viscount Greystoke (Alexander Skarsgård), best known as chest-beater Tarzan, all grown-up and civilised after a childhood...Read more
- Even louder and more rambling than the original, ‘Now You See Me 2’ once again follows rogue band of magicians The Four Horsemen through a series of ostentatious escapades. Forget the old line that you have to see it to believe it – you’re probabl...Read more
- The all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is here – pumped-up, subversive and often very funny. But before any fanboys make the leap from viciously criticising the trailer to viciously criticising the movie itself, let’s get a reality check on the 1...Read more
- Too much ambition can be a dangerous thing. The previous ‘Star Trek’ movie, 2013’s ‘Into Darkness’, was packed with it: a sprawling epic full of new worlds, violent consequences and hefty emotional moments. It was later – just a little unfairly – ...Read more
Average User Rating
4.7 / 5
- 5 star:2
- 4 star:1
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
I was booked in this hotel and had no expectations. When I arrived late in the evening having crossed all London to get to the buzzing area of Covent Garden, they were expecting me. Nice front desk and a great restaurant by the lobby. My room, small, was nicely appointed. Bathroom specially nice and modern touches throughout the room. Good bed. A 60-inch ultra thin TV on the wall was a highlight.
The restaurant is very good too, and the Staff is superb and friendly. Breakfast -included- had both a buffet and a la carte menu. And what are the chances to meet someone from your home city working there? Location is perfect, right in the center of all things. You can walk everywhere.