Absolutely appalling service. The kind of place that only survives because it's connected to a hotel so will get many once-only guests. Easily the worst service I've ever experienced in London including:
- Of the six steaks ordered, four were wrong, as in not cooked to order. Two were sent back. The sauces, chips and salad all arrived in a haphazard manner.
- Cutlery was only changed to steak knives after the food had arrived
- Side orders of onion rings were cold when they arrived and had to be sent back.
- Wine specifically requested to come with the steak didn’t arrive when it should have.
- Waiting staff often unable to hold a conversation in English. Only explanation for all the above from one staff member was ‘It’s always like this on a Saturday night.'
- Three reprints of the bill were required to get the service charge taken off.
- First waitress could not grasp the concept of us wanting to split the bill, despite the multiple credit cards presented to her. Three times she tried to put the total bill onto one card.
- When I went to see the manager whose name was Dwight. to explain this last point, and complain about all the others, he just said ‘you need to relax’. He did not apologise. Nor did anyone.