Designed as the Hollywood Fire & Safe Building in 1914, this building was converted in 1928 into a beauty salon by Max Factor. A refurbishment by Factor seven years later turned it into an art deco classic; it's now a museum dedicated to the movies. The ground floor has been decorated to resemble the original Factor shop, its walls lined with memorabilia related to stars of the 1930s, '40s and '50s. Out the back sits Cary Grant's gleaming 1965 Rolls-Royce. The top two floors bring things closer to the present day (Stallone's boxing gloves, Streisand-related goodies), while the basement holds a mock-up of Hannibal Lecter's cell from The Silence of the Lambs.
|Venue name:||Hollywood Museum||Contact:|
1660 N Highland Ave
|Opening hours:||10am-5pm Wed-Sun|
|Price:||$15; senior (65+) $12; children (5 and under) $5; student $12|