In LA, Laemmle Theaters is one of the hallowed places to watch the best in independent and foreign films. To say that's an important part of being an LA film enthusiast would be an understatement. With eight locations all over the Greater LA region, Laemmle (say "LEM-lee") is a cornerstone for great film, previews and screenings, and events. Established in 1938, the company is still family-run by (you guessed it) the Laemmles.
Laemmle Noho 7
|Venue name:||Laemmle Noho 7||Contact:|
5240 Lankershim Blvd.
- Like a Raging Bull that’s been clocked one too many times in the head, Antoine Fuqua’s blood-simple boxing melodrama is so loaded with obviousness, it gets more pained groans from the audience than the guys in the ring. A movie that makes Rocky an...Read more
- In a poll of things we really don’t need, another Sherlock Holmes is pretty high on the list. Benedict Cumberbatch’s on-the-spectrum TV sleuth and Robert Downey's brainy brawler have it sewn up. But make an exception for Ian McKellen, who plays Ho...Read more
- Amy Schumer is a comedy superwoman: Her stand-up is funny as hell, she’s a viral sensation, and lately she’s become every feminist’s girl crush. Now she’s the best thing to happen to Hollywood since the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler double act. Schumer’s n...Read more
- More than a decade on from ‘Super Size Me’, journalists and documentary-makers are still clinging on to the shock-diet-yields-unshocking-results formula. So while this Aussie film about the evils of the sugar industry may not deliver much in the w...Read more
- Just when it seemed like the Marvel Cinematic Universe was getting so big that the whole superhero-movie bubble might burst, along comes an adventure that’s told on a much smaller scale. Put it this way: The first action sequence in Ant-Man takes ...Read more